Monday, July 13, 2020

Lucifungus "Derek" LP 2020




Lucifungus "Derek" LP 2020
This album is not exclusively instrumental but I will allow them room on this blog. This band has a really great sound- Thick filthy metallic riffing and varied pacing and structures that have a certain swagger and swing that is really attractive.When they get going, as in the opening track, they really build up a solid groove. I have a soft spot for Australian bands- probably from listening to AC/DC and Rose Tattoo in my youth. In a way- I'm always disappointed if an Aussie band doesn't at least sound a bit like they could share a bill or have a few pints with Rose Tattoo- and Lucifungus doesn't disappoint in that department. This album is thick filthy riffing and varied pacing and structures that have a ballsy swagger and swing. I only wish it was longer (31 minutes total) and of course, all instrumental. Key track: "Transpyramid"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are 9 instrumental doom/sludge metal albums I enjoyed this year (2023) Walls of Light by Below A Silent Sky Dirge of the Nameless Ex...